What Personal Information About Customers Does One Read Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to the One Read Services. This includes but is not limited to:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age and date of birth;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photographs in your book club;
- information and documents regarding identity, shared via our directory application forms
- corporate and financial information;
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of One Read Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through the One Read Services. Like many websites, we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses One Read and other content served by or on behalf of One Read on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our bookstore partners, which we use to fulfill your deliveries.
For What Purposes Does One Read Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve One Read Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the One Read Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with One Read.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect information regarding place of establishment and bank account information from BookPins for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to One Read Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, One Read, and others.
Does One Read Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with partners that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We work with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments and transmitting content. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of One Read and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of One Read, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to logout when finished using a shared device.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: One Read Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, profile information and One Read subscription type membership in the “Profile” section of the mobile applications.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the One Read Services.
- You can add or update certain information. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your preferences by sending an emails to email@example.com. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you are a bookstore, publisher, or BookPin partner, you can request that we modify the information displayed on our website by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an author, you can add or update the information you have provided by contacting email@example.com.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions